The Physician provides Direct and Indirect Patient Care and other related work as required by department/unit leader.
The Physician provides Direct and Indirect Patient Care and other related work as required by CMO at USC Culinary Health Center.
- Performs medical assessments of patients. Establishes and monitors a medically appropriate level of care for patients. Stresses health education and preventive medical care, where appropriate.
- Takes adequate histories of patients with medical problems. Maintains accurate and up-to-date medical records and prepares reports, as needed.
- Counsels on medical and/or psychological problems and may counsel patients on personal problems and health measures. Refers patients for medical and/or other treatment, when appropriate. Provides medical treatment, where appropriate.
- Consults with private physicians and public agencies in securing treatments for patients requiring services beyond those available at the USC University Park Health Center.
- Works with Counseling Services staff in cases presenting with mental health problems.
- Participates in “Advice Call” for ill or injured patients and those seeking medical advice.
- Reviews history, examination and treatment plan made by physician assistants.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Maintains professional affiliations, licenses, certifications, etc. Stays current on developments in the field of medicine.
- Takes after hours call.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Req Doctorate M.D.; OR D.O.
- Req 1 year Experience as M.D.
- Req Ability to provide diagnostic treatment and counseling services.
- Req Ability to analyze situations and take effective action.
- Req Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact with physicians, nurses, other staff, students, etc.
- Req Possess a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism.
- Pref 2 years Experience as M.D
- Req Medical Doctor Current valid license/certification to practice medicine in the state of Nevada.
- Req DEA Certificate
- Req Specialty Certification Board certified with current certificate in specialty area.
- Req Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Req Board of Pharmacy License Board of Pharmacy
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The annual base salary range for this position is $191,360.00 – $315,744.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post