The USC Neuroscience Graduate Program (NGP) is seeking a Student Services Advisor to join its team. The Student Services Advisor counsels and/or provides graduate students with a range of services covering admissions, academic counseling and advisement, financial aid, registration, and student programming. NGP is the largest and only university-wide PhD program at USC. The NGP students and faculty come from a variety of academic backgrounds to study questions spanning the spectrum of modern neuroscience research. The NGP has an immediate opening for a Student Services Advisor I. This position advises approximately 100 students in the PhD program. This is a full-time position.
Ideal candidate will have experience in:
• Student Services
• College Advising/Counseling
• Student Programming
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Advises students on an individual or group basis as part of assigned student program.
• Assesses targeted student or group needs and recommends programs or program services. Assists in the design and delivery of student programs, program services and special events.
• Reviews student data, academic or personal, for determination of program eligibility. Accepts or denies admittance to program providing alternatives or referrals as appropriate.
• Provides leadership, guidance and supervision to student workers, volunteers and/or graduate assistants.
• Gathers data and prepares status reports on program activities and results. Completes required administrative paperwork.
• Assists in promoting and publicizing programs. Produces and distributes program-related materials. Acts as a resource for information-exchange on program services or program features. Makes formal presentations as required.
• Interfaces with faculty to exchange and update information on to enlist support for program services, e.g., guest speaking engagements and faculty advisor programs.
• Participates in the development and implementation of program policies and procedures.
• Cover Letter
• Resume required Preferred Qualifications Education
• Master’s Degree Experience
• 7 years
The hourly rate range for this position is $28.87 – $30.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Student program or services experience
Apply on this job post