Provides administrative/secretarial support, including, but not limited to, scheduling and coordination of meetings/seminars/travel, coordinating priorities throughout the day, perform independent and collaborative projects as needed.
The Nursing Administrative Assistant performs clerical and reception duties that support the functioning of the assigned Nursing Director.
- Responsible for typing and proofing a variety of materials, e.g., correspondence, memos, reports, charts, grants, etc., as assigned. Responsible for editing copying and appropriately disseminating the aforementioned materials.
- Responsible for answering the telephone /screen calls and taking messages or relaying information and assisting callers within scope of authority.
- Maintains Nursing Policies and Procedures; assures are in correct format for committees; ensures routing of P&Ps to administrative and medical staff committees for approvals; assures up to date P&Ps are routed for posting on hospital Intranet. Works collaboratively with Chair of Nursing Operations Council in this regard.
- Maintain Nursing Administration records/files as appropriate.
- Ensures accuracy of Daily (DSR) and bi-weekly Kronos for assigned cost centers.
- Responsible for coordinating schedule, including arranging meetings and appointments for Chief Nursing Officer.
- Responsible for providing research and administrative support to special projects, preparing data and follow-up projects as directed.
- Responsible for coordination and confirmation of travel arrangements, including lodging and airline and/or automobile reservations, preparation of travel authorization forms and expense reports as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining security of information: e.g. patient medical records, hospital financial information, salary, staff and legal information in a confidential nature.
- Responsible for processing inquiries from patients, their families, and the general public by assessing the urgency of the situation and suggesting appropriate referrals or informing the appropriate Administrative Representative(s)when the situation warrants his/her attention.
- Takes minutes of various meetings and special events; prepares draft and final agenda; notification of meeting participants; room scheduling; meal arrangements; and other preparations as required by the nature of the event.
- Req High school or equivalent
- Req 3 years previous secretarial experience, preferably in a healthcare facility.
- Req Typing 45-55 words per minute.
- Req Ability to operate a computer terminal, Microsoft Office software programs.
- Req Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with people.
- Req Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with many people in a constantly changing environment.
- Pref Specialized/technical training Training in secretarial science and word processing.
- Pref Medical terminology preferred.
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $22.00 – $34.18. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Apply on this job post