The USC Keck School of Medicine – Alzheimer Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI), located in San Diego, California, is an academic institute comprised of an expert panel of scientific collaborators, committed to advancing the development of new treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) through innovative clinical trials.
The ATRI is seeking a motivated, dependable, and experienced Project Manager to support ATRI clinical research efforts. The Project Manager is a highly visible role responsible for managing the successful execution of ATRI clinical trials. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Project Director and other functional groups in the planning and administration of all phases of multi-site clinical trials
- Set and maintain priorities and timelines for project implementation, maintenance, and closeout of clinical trials across multiple national and international ATRI clinical trial study sites
- Conduct and drive study planning meetings including the management of meeting minutes, logging action items and decisions, and tracking action items to completion
- Serves as the primary point of contact and guidance expert for assigned studies
- Provides work direction and delegates tasks to other staff personnel
- Development of various study materials including protocol, training and procedures manuals, source documents, and work instruction documents
- Development of templates and guidelines, informed by regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the management of assigned studies, as well as departmental initiatives aimed at improving process and efficiency
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills for communicating with all levels of personnel and groups and demonstrated ability to successfully operationalize and manage all clinical trial components.
Two to three years of experience in clinical trials is required.
Location: San Diego, CA
The annual base salary range for this position is $83,763.99 – $104,403.10. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or similar field, or a combination of experience and an Associate’s degree as substitute for minimum education. Industry experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, clinical research organization and/or nursing setting, with at least two or more years’ experience in on-site clinical trial monitoring. Demonstrated experience using medical devices and terminology. Experience applying policies and procedures, with some familiarity with ICH-GCP guidelines and working knowledge of FDA guidance documents. Skilled at technical documentation and writing, and at assembling, organizing and conceptualizing numerical data in spreadsheets, databases, reports and presentations. Lead/guidance skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize different tasks and projects. Deft interpersonal skills for communicating with all levels of staff and diverse individuals and groups coordinating and executing study activities.
Apply on this job post