This is a 6 month, fixed-term appointment with the possiblity of extension or becoming permanent.
Since 1897, the Ostrow School of Dentistry has shaped talented students into outstanding dentists and dental hygienists. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members provide future oral health professionals with the skills they need in order to become the best.
Dentists and dental hygienists are consistently viewed as some of the most trusted and respected professionals who serve the public, and our graduates are part of the reason. Ostrow not only educates excellent clinicians but also produces professionals who earn their patients’ trust with unyielding commitment to exemplary ethical standards. Our graduates also earn the respect of their colleagues, taking active leadership roles in the organized dentistry community from local to international levels.
We, at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, are all committed to maintaining an environment of excellence and eminence, and this commitment shines through in all that we do.
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Advanced Prosthodontics Clinic is looking for a Dental Patient Treatment Coordinator to join its team! This person performs a variety of tasks associated with the dental management system, such as patient registration, insurance authorization and/or verification, and patient scheduling. Works closely with patients and dentists to arrange comprehensive treatment planning. Schedules patient appointments and monitors patient flow.
- Directs patients about appropriate dental care treatment using defined policies and procedures. Monitors progress of patient treatment according to authorized sequential treatment plans and ensures appropriate scheduling accordingly. Works with dentists and patients to initiate care, continue existing care, explain treatment plans, and arrange payment and treatment contracts.
- Prepares and maintains student dentist, resident dentist, and dentist schedules, and assists with scheduling changes, according to patient care form
- Registers patients and/or edits registration and dental records. Follows guidelines to set up patient’s dental chart.
- Ensures routine patient contact remarks are updated in the electronic health record.
- Verifies all insurance utilizing telephone contacts and web inquiries. Determines if patients’ insurance is contracted with USC and determines and collects co-pays. Works with patients who require financing to obtain or design financing, payroll deduction, payment plans, etc. Works with insurance companies to resolve billing and coverage issues and provides pricing to patients.
- Ensures required pre-authorizations of service are obtained.
- Ensures patients’ rights to privacy, safety, and confidentiality are maintained in accordance with HIPAA regulations, and with all policies and procedures.
Preferred Education: Associate’s degree
Preferred Experience: 3 years
Preferrred Field of Expertise: Knowledge of dental management software, particulary axiUm. Experience working with basic contracts. Working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The hourly rate range for this position is $23.00 When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
USC provides benefits-eligible employees with a broad range of benefits and perks to help protect your (and your family’s) health, wealth, and future – including health insurance, a retirement account, life insurance, tuition benefits, university facility discounts, and more. To know more about the benefits and perks that USC offers, please visit: https://employees.usc.edu/benefits-perks/
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated experience in dental management and dental secretarial assistance. Working knowledge of HIPAA compliance. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal customer service, and telephone skills. Demonstrated ability to multi-task. Working knowledge of dental terminology and PPO and Denti-Cal and health insurance. Ability to work scheduled evening and weekend shifts. Demonstrated team-oriented and collaborative work style. Demonstrated experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
Apply on this job post