Since 1897, the Ostrow School of Dentistry has shaped talented students into outstanding dentists and dental hygienists. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members provide future oral health professionals with the skills they need in order to become the best.
We, at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, are all committed to maintaining an environment of excellence and eminence, and this commitment shines through in all that we do.
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, Pre-Doctoral Clinic is looking for a Dental Patient Treatment Coordinator (TC) to join their team! The TC performs a variety of tasks associated with the dental management system, such as patient
registration, insurance authorization and/or verification, and patient scheduling. Works closely with patients and dentists to arrange comprehensive treatment planning. Schedules patient appointments and monitors patient flow.
- Directs patients about appropriate dental care treatment using defined policies and procedures. Monitors progress of patient treatment according to authorized sequential treatment plans and ensures appropriate scheduling accordingly. Works with dentists and patients to initiate care, continue existing care, explain treatment plans, and arrange payment and treatment contracts.
- Assist the group practice director with student attendance, reports, and grades when possible or as needed. Guide students through their clinical experience.
- Supervise clinic when scheduled to be in clinic and assist with translation as needed. Guide students to properly collect or have insurance check or get approvals.
- Prepares and maintains student dentist, resident dentist, and dentist schedules, and assists with scheduling changes, according to patient care form.
- Registers patients and/or edits registration and dental records. Follows guidelines to set up patient’s dental chart.
- Ensures routine patient contact remarks are updated in the electronic health record.
- Ensures required pre-authorizations of service are obtained.
- Ensures patients’ rights to privacy, safety, and confidentiality are maintained in accordance with HIPAA regulations, and with all policies and procedures.
- Maintains a safe environment in accordance with compliance standards, policies,and safety regulations.
What makes you stand out?
- High School or equivalent diploma
- At least 2 years related work experience in the dental field
- Knowledge of dental management software.
- Experience working with basic contracts
- Working knowledge of MS Office, particular Words, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrate team-orientation and collaborative work style
- Work in a fast paced and high-volume environment
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate range for this position is $21.00- $23.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Demonstrated experience in dental management and dental secretarial assistance. Working knowledge of HIPAA compliance. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal customer service, and telephone skills. Demonstrated ability to multi-task. Working knowledge of dental terminology and PPO and Denti-Cal and health insurance. Ability to work scheduled evening and weekend shifts. Demonstrated team-oriented and collaborative work style. Demonstrated experience in a high volume, fast paced environment.
Apply on this job post