This is a full-time. fixed-term position for 14 months
The Mrs. T.H. Chan Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy at the University of Southern California invites applicants for one full-time 14-month, fixed term, clinical staff position at the Occupational Therapy Faculty Practice. The successful candidate will complete the AOTA approved Occupational Therapy Faculty Practice Mental Health Fellowship by engaging in didactic and clinical education, mentored service delivery and non-mentored service delivery. Under the supervision of a fellowship director and faculty mentor, the fellow will provide occupational therapy care using a Lifestyle Redesign® approach to patients with a variety of chronic mental and physical health conditions. Major duties include patient evaluation and treatment planning for effective patient outcomes, patient care documentation, attendance at patient care related meetings, participation in interdisciplinary team meetings, maintenance of an appropriate level of productivity, participation in program development/quality improvement/scholarly activities, and tracking progress towards fellowship outcomes. While participating in patient care, fellows will also complete Lifestyle Redesign® Certification course requirements in order to be eligible to apply for certification upon completion of the fellowship. Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of current practice in the field of Occupational Therapy, effective verbal and written communication skills, and mature and sound judgment.
- Assesses and evaluates patient’s condition.
- Plans, coordinates and implements appropriate occupational therapy program.
- Monitors progress and reviews with other medical personnel.
- Records data, schedules appointments, charts progress, maintains files.
- Supervises and directs activities of student workers and/or volunteers, as required.
- Utilizes and maintains equipment safely and effectively.
- Documents patient treatment and progress in accordance with third party payor guidelines.
- Consults with physicians regarding evaluation, treatment and progress of patients and makes recommendations for physician follow-up care.
- Participates in planning and delivery of instructional material to staff, other allied health personnel and general public. Aids in administration and organization of all occupational therapy department activities and responsibilities as requested.
- Maintains compliance with established University and department policies and procedures, quality assurance, safety, environmental, infection control and complies with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Participates in quality assurance program and continuously evaluates services to ensure highest standards of patient care are maintained.
- Participates in in-service education programs and professional associations.
- Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Having graduated from an occupational therapy program accredited by ACOTE or graduated from an OT program approved by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT); Masters or doctoral degree in occupational therapy
- Licensed in state or jurisdiction of the fellowship program
- Current BCLS CPR certification and knowledge of emergency first aid procedures
- Preferred Requirements:
- Demonstrates clinical practice or academic learning experiences in areas of mental health and lifestyle management treatment OR demonstrates a strong interest in becoming an expert in Lifestyle Redesign interventions.
- Demonstrates experience in areas of clinical practice either through fieldwork or previous employment.
- Demonstrates desire to participate in clinical teaching, research, program development and quality improvement efforts
The pay range for this position is $60,000-$65,000 plus benefits. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California is committed to ensuring access to and equity in its employment opportunities and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Registered Occupational Therapist with background in related field. Current BCLS CPR certification and knowledge of emergency first aid procedures.
Apply on this job post