Student Services Advisor I
Counsels and/or provides undergraduate and/or graduate students with a range of services covering admissions and financial aid. Coordinates delivery of services with appropriate university offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Counsels students and parents on matters concerning financial aid packages. Evaluates student situations and requests regarding financial aid awards and takes appropriate action. Identifies and recommends scholarship recipients based on eligibility requirements. Monitors local financial aid budget and scholarship awards.
• Counsels or advises prospective students and families on admissions, financial aid, and academic requirements. Intervenes with university central student services as necessary to connect prospective students with the right staff member or department in order to facilitate the application process.
• Counsels prospective students and families on the financial aid process for undergraduate and graduate applicants. Provide general guidance on federal and university policy and requirements regarding financial aid.
• Provides advisement on various types of aid available, the student’s individual financial aid award, and how to manage family contribution.
• Counsels students and families on the completion of federal direct or private loan processes.
• Advises students on financial aid as it relates to general billing inquiries. Educate students on available tools and resources to manage the cost of attendance, including but not limited to the FAST Planning Worksheet, USC ePay, USC payment plans, and various loan types.
• Counsel current applicants on outstanding Admission requirements, including but not limited to official test scores, letters of recommendation, official transcripts, and financial statements. Review communications from admission offices.
• Assisting applicants through the admission decision process, including but not limited to commitment deposit payments, admission decision appeals, and registration for on-campus events for admitted students.
Preferred Education: Master’s degree
Preferred Experience: 2 years
Preferred Field of Expertise: Knowledge of USC student and academic programs, policies and procedures and knowledge of the student information system
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree Combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Student program or services experience
The hourly rate range for this position is $28.43 – $29.30. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Student program or services experience
Apply on this job post