The Student Services Assistant (Clerkship Coordinator) position is part of the required clerkship’s administrative structure, reporting to the Clerkship Director (CD) and Medical Student Educator (MSE). Primary responsibilities include the scheduling and assignment of students to educational activities, coordination of medical student clerkship orientation, coordination of clerkship events, dissemination of clerkship materials, coordination of faculty and resident evaluations, timely retrieval of evaluations and submission of student grades.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage student clerkship enrollment including informing students of site assignments and site onboarding requirements. Coordinate with clinical affiliates as required to facilitate onboarding.
- Associate students to faculty and resident evaluators in the evaluation system ensuring that the minimum number of contact hours are met.
- Follow up with the assigned evaluators of students to ensure timely completion of student performance evaluations.
- Support submission of final grades within 4 weeks of the end of the clerkship.
- Manage clerkship schedules, course and student information in the learning management system.
- Support coordination of clerkship orientations including scheduling and communication with students.
- Associate students to complete required clerkship evaluations in the evaluation system.
- Work with Clinical Departments to manage faculty appointments of voluntary teaching faculty.
- Work with voluntary faculty candidates to ensure compliance with process requirements and that all necessary materials are completed and returned.
- Attend clerkship coordinator meetings.
- Provide administrative support for academic unit.
- The hourly rate range for this position is $23.23 – $27.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Related undergraduate study, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 year
Minimum Field of Expertise: Administrative and/or academic support services
Apply on this job post